Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Trippin'

With the aid of an alarm clock I was able to get out of bed at a reasonable hour, which was good because if I had overslept I would have missed a great day trip.

I went to the office of Sati, an Iranian company that runs tours in Armenia. On the way I went to a pharmacy and purchased some more oral rehydration therapy powder. I paid 1450 drams for 5 packets, which I found rather odd because another pharmacy had changed me 4000 dram for 4 packets. I didn't care enough to say anything though.

I was the only person on the tour who didn't speak Armenian, despite the fact that the other tour-goers were from all over the world. As everyone had a good grasp of English, the tourguide ended up giving the whole tour in English, which I appriciated very much.

The tour itself involved visiting some ancient churches, which were just like all the other ancient churches I've seen(and I've seen shit-loads) The scenery, however, was breathtaking from the moment we left Yerevan. Armenia has stunning mountains, and for such a small country, feels incredibly spacious because the countryside is so untouched. I took a load of photos, which will be posted here or at www.tokyo-robotnik.com when I get back to the UK.

No comments: