Friday, August 26, 2005

Things I Miss While Traveling

(1) British Television
Although British television has been in rapid decline since the mid 1990's, it is still far better than the TV of any country I've been to. And it is in English.


(2) The British sense of humour
Although the British sense of humour has been in in rapid decline... The Lebanese man who was in my tour group on Tuesday made several crap jokes including Q:"Where does a bee go to the toilet?" A: "A BP station". I wanted to join in but then I realised that all the good jokes I know are about the untimely death of children, sex, sex and death or are simply to harsh to tell people who have eaten in the past eight hours.

(3) British Health And Safety Laws
There are few things I like more than safety. British people may generally be a bunch of blithering idiots, but they do adhere to H&S regulations, partly because they are strictly enforced. There's something wonderful about being able to push a button, lean against a railing, drink a glass of water etc. without the feeling that it may be the last thing you ever do.

(4) My garden
Chillin' in my garden, particularly with a book, is one of the greatest pleasures in my pleasure and leisure filled life.

No comments: