Thursday, March 02, 2006

Zen Bones, Zen Flesh

I was up until 1:30 am this morning revising for a Microsoft server administration exam. When I reached the point of total exhaustion I read more of The Futurological Congress.

I managed to pass the exam with a good score. I hate Microsoft, their exams, their software, their attitude, choice of colours and anything else that is Microsoft-related. This does not change the fact that in the UK Microcrap qualifications are still important for people wanting to work in IT.

I'm doing a reasonably good job at not feeling anything about the exam. It's just as important not to give a fuck if you pass than if you fail. I feel nothing. Passing an exam is nothing to be proud of, just as failing an exam is nothing to be ashamed of. "Being well-adjusted to a sick society is no sign of good health" - Krishnamarti.

No comments: