Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Of Cloudless Climes And Starry Skies

When I woke up this morning the sun was streaming through my curtans, bathing my room in a warming glow. After a second or two I realised that something was wrong. The weather in England doesn't give you energy, it takes it away. A quick look at my alarm clock told me what had happend. Instead of saying "It's 7 am, you can have breakfast, check your email and go to work" it said "Fuck, fuck, fuck etc. It's 9 am, you should be at work now. What you gonna do, homeboy?" I don't usually do Tuesdays but a couple of members of staff were away so I said I'd be able to work.

Without waking up, I got dressed and rushed to work, texting my boss on the way to say I would be late. I got to work at 9:30 am, hungry and bored.

The day passed without anything interesting happening. A day just like any other.

Got home and watched the 3rd episode of Indigital, a 30 minute technology show. Download it at www.systm.org Not very good, but worth watching if you have no friends and are tired of being alone.

No comments: