Sunday, February 12, 2006

Much Too Much, Much Too Soon

Managed to get up, but only just. I can foresee sometime in the near future when, instead of dying, I'm just unable to get up. I'll be awake and aware but I won't care enough about anything to get out of bed...

Bought some junk at a convinience store. It wasn't very convinient. It never is, but I still go there.

At 10 am my friend Yoshiko came over for some help with an environmental impact study she is doing as part of her Master's course at UEA. It was straightforward but time-consuming.

My friend Keiko came over for lunch. Keiko gave me some chocolates and some very strange paper napkins. One might wonder how strange paper napkins can be. These napkins have a form printed on the back, the idea being that when you meet someone you can fill in the form on a napkin with your contact details to give them. Very, very peculiar. We ate Thai green curry and talked about art.

Phil and I had a go at doing a radio show. It went very well for a first attempt. One of Phil's friends in the USA has set up a telephone conference system which I called into. It was quite difficult to stay on topic but surprisingly easy to find things to say. Phil and I are going to redo the show and use it as a demo to send to Future FM. We'll also put it online.

Watched The South Bank Show, an arts magazine TV program presented by Melvyn Bragg. It's not the sort of thing I'd usually watch but I made an exception becuase the subject of the program was Armando Iannucci, a man in whoose footsteps I wish to follow. Iannucci has written, directed and starred in some of the greatest comedy ever made.

Considereing it's Sunday, I've done far too much today. Hopefully this will continue in the future as it's the only way I'm ever going to get anything done.

No comments: