Thursday, August 17, 2006

Thursday At The Gathering

Gate shift this morning was really fun. Sat on a sofa with my friends from 4 am to 8 am, making new friends and talking about everything.

Ran a personal awareness workshop in the morning. There were about 14 people there, and everyone seemed to enjoy what I taught them

Attended the daily Morning Meeting. The atmosphere was fantastic, about 50 of us together in a marquee discussing the camp. Being in tents with good people, sitting on strawbales and feeling good are all things I will try to do more often.

Went to a workshop on the Faslane 365 campaign which aims to close down the Faslane nuclear weapons base in Scotland for a whole year. After a few minutes it became evident that I knew as much, if not more, about the campaign as the two women running the workshop.

Although the Nukewatch workshop was run by one of the women who had run the Faslane workshop, it was much better. After the workshop I talked with the woman, Anna, for 2 hours straight about the future of activism in the UK.

Gemma moved into my tent because the friend she was sharing a tent with was planning to stay up quite late each night. Suddenly my tent seems quite a bit smaller, but it's lovely to have some company.

No comments: