Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Journey To Camp

Woke up at 6 am and traveled to the train station. I slept for almost all of the two-hour journey to London. When I arrived at Liverpool Street Station I took a tube to Euston Square and walked to Euston station. After 15 minutes my four friends arrived and we started the epic journey to Wales.

When we arrived in Wales we took a bus to the village where we would be spending the next five days. The bus dropped us 5 minutes from the camp. Someone gave out a yell when they glimpsed some tents in the distance, which was very funny.

We reached the site at about 6 pm. Rebecca and her friend Kirsty had been there for a day already and had put up their tents in the quiet area. I got my tent pitched while the others were debating whether they too wanted to be in the quiet area. In the end they decided that they did, and I tried not to laugh. There was loads of room in my 2.5 person tent with only me and my huge rucksack! I ate some bagels for dinner, and realised how hungry I had been for most of the day.

Found that I was running a workshop at 9:15 am the next day.

Decided to do the 4 am to 8 am gate shift with my friends.

No comments: