Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Teaching And Learning

I went out in the afternoon to buy some sticky-back plastic to cover a poster with. On the way I met Richard. We went to a cafe. I drank hot chocolate and ate cake. Richard drank coke. It was good while it lasted.

Talked to my father about teaching. My father taught Special Needs children for eight years. Every Monday he got the class to sit in a circle and talk about what they had done each week. He also took the class to the public library every week. The class walked to the library together, and if a child was walking alone my father would always walk with them and try to find out what was wrong.

Did random things throughout the evening. Suddenly all the time had gone. I don't regret it, although it's sometimes disturbing to see how easily time can slip away.

No comments: