Thursday, June 01, 2006

Exam Day

Failed to get in to work very early. I had wanted to set up some more spare exam work stations, but in the end I didn't have time.

All the exams ran fine. There was one heart-stopping moment when one exam machine refused to boot, it booted fine on the third attempt though.

Loads of American kids from an airbase taking A+ exam and CCNA exams. All the kids had strange American food with them, food that is generally unavailable to the public. One interesting thing I noticed was that the kids all seemed very used to dealing with ID and authentication. I didn't need to explain anything or justify anything. All the kids have to carry US armed-forces ID cards while at school and I guess they are required for pretty much anything the kids do.

While invigilating the exams I read a Security+ book that I had borrowed from Richard. I should take the exam next week so I'm going to have a dull weekend of study ahead of me.

The Pirate Bay website has been taken down in an illegal raid by the Swedish police. Pirate Bay never held any illegal material, instead it pointed to download locations of films, music and software. The people who run Pirate Bay are very good at what they do, so I think it will only be a matter of time before the site comes back.

No comments: