Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Is It Like Today?

Made a new friend today in Taiwan(Hi Angie!). I'm not in Taiwan. Sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Downloaded the video of "Is It Like Today" by Worldparty. Watched it over and over again. My head is swimming, overflowing with powerful memories. When Is It Like Today came out I was reading "Ringworld" by Larry Niven. I was young then. Not so tired. I listened to the radio a lot, while I read and thought. The lyrics fitted the book so well. "Then there followed days of Kings, Empires and revolution. // Blood just looks the same when you open the veins."

I'm not looking after myself at the moment. Sleep, clean clothes, regular meals, washing, healthy food, exercise, I know nothing of these things. Fuck. I'm losing it. I don't care enough to sort it out yet, I'm just going to slide deeper into the shit for a while.

No comments: