Thursday, December 15, 2005

Pass The Porcelain

This evening I attended the 50th lecture on Japanese culture organised by the Sainsbury Institute for the Study of Japanese Arts & Cultures. The lecture was given by Nicole Coolidge Rousmaniere, the director of the Institute. Dr Rousmaniere's lecture covered the emergence of porcelain in Japan, a subject which is of little interest to me although the porcelain was exquisite.

On my way home I met Pete Smith from Ipswich. I've met Pete several times at the East Anglian Social Forum and have always found him to be a source of stimulating conversation.

I watched an episode of the Japanese anime series Outlaw Star before going to sleep. I should probably watch much less anime, or much more. Either way, the amount of anime I'm watching at the moment is clearly sub-optimal.

No comments: