Thursday, December 07, 2006

Ipswich Calling

This week we had the English lesson at Takako's house. Takako lives in a modern apartment near the train station. Although the area is a bit grim, the view over Norwich is very pleasant. We ate a great lunch which Takako prepared, with interference from Keiko.


In the evening I took the train to Ipswich, the town which would be my home for the next few days. My friend Gemma met me at the station. She showed me some of the sights of Ipswich. I did a very good job of not laughing. Ipswich is silly.

When we got to her house, Gemma cooked some butternut squash soup for us. It was very good, but very late. I've come to think of cooking as being something that happens very quickly. I think this is due to the fact that I mainly cook Asian food. We watched the film "Le Jetee" on my laptop. Although the screen is only 12 inches, the picture on the Apple Powerbook is great.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How dare you impugn our fine town of Ipswich, with its many viable tourist attractions and groundbreaking infrastructure? We haff ved yor blogg, and find it lacking, and also we find it hard not to laugh - you are silly.
Glad you're having a great time in Berlin, get home safely and ring us up soon (where is my postcard?!!), love Gemma and Simon in the town of the serial killer.