Sunday, September 16, 2007

Hiroshima-bound

Decided to take the night bus to Hiroshima. The journey is 12 hours and likely to be very uncomfortable. The ticket is only about 40 quid and at least the passengers of the night bus a young, unlike the high speed Shinkansen train which tends to be full of old people, the kind I hate...

I've never been to Hiroshima, and am looking forward to it as my good friend Megumi lives there. On the other hand, I don't like the idea of being irradiated; I have seen no mention of Hiroshima's background radiation levels in any guidebook etc., presumably the radiation level is still higher than average.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Big pansy, if the Japanese aren't bothered you shouldn't be :P

I think you'll be okay anyways, at least according to this site ere:

http://www.pcf.city.hiroshima.jp/kids/KPSH_E/question_box/question12.html

Anonymous said...

Hey you are in Japan now!
Welcome back:)

Montaggio said...

Careless nuclear warfare costs lives.